Applications have now closed.
The Bondi Pavilion Housewarming Program is a new artist residency opportunity celebrating the re-opening of the iconic Bondi Pavilion. The Program will welcome artists into the building before it fully opens to the public, filling its spaces with art and new ideas.
The aim of the Program is to provide space, opportunity and financial support for artists to:
- Develop new ideas
- Focus on their creative practice
- Collaborate with other creatives, and
- Engage with Waverley’s local landmarks and local community.
Open to artists from all disciplines and levels of experience, the Program will support up to six residencies across four weeks in May and June 2022. Individual residencies range from 1-4 weeks in length. Projects will have a dedicated space for the duration of the residency, with access to the building from 9am-6pm, Monday – Saturday.
Housewarming Program provides:
- Artist stipends
- Venue (spaces vary from a fully equipped theatre to flexible multipurpose rooms)
- Technical equipment and limited technical support, to be negotiated with each selected artist/group as required
- Private residency spaces, with dedicated common areas and scheduled opportunities to come together with other resident artists to share and collaborate
- Access to the Bondi Story Room database of local research
- Support from Waverley’s Arts and Culture team for local information and contacts where applicable.
Program Objectives and Themes
We are seeking proposals from projects that respond to some or all of the following:
- Exploration of bold and engaging ideas that encourage community participation in the development or presentation of the project
- Creation of new, locally-made works that celebrate the unique qualities of Waverley’s environment or community and make us consider them in a new light
- Creation of opportunities for creatives and audiences who have been historically under-represented, including people who are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD), LGBTQI+, d/Deaf or people with disability.
Before applying, ensure you have read through all the information in the menu below.
Expressions of interest close 5pm Monday 31 January 2022.
Click here to download a word document version of the information on this page. If you require this information in another format, or would like to submit your application in another format, please be in touch.
For any other queries, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the recording of our online information session from Thursday 13 January.