“Annie Louey is dark and intelligent and very, very funny – as the name suggests, she is pure gold.” – Rachel Chant, Festival Director on Gold
Annie started comedy at 16, now she’s just turned 30. With a career spanning almost half her life, she strips back to nothing but a mic, a stand and solid gold jokes. She will be fully clothed in the show though, just to be clear.
An award-winning comedian, and host of ABC TV’s ‘China Tonight’, Annie is known for her tongue-in-cheek delivery and crowd work that’s sure to crack you up. No topic is off-limits for Annie as she tackles subjects like ageing, her chaotic dating history and what it’s like to inherit her dead dad’s car. The Age regarded a joke in the show as one of the most memorable moments of the entire Melbourne International Comedy Festival – see if you can pick it!
“Gold is a confident debut of new material, delivered with a wry smile and morbid humour.” – ★★★★ The Age.
“Louey is relentless with a rapid-fire of jokes throughout her 50-minute run-time.” – Lilithia Reviews.
“Charismatic and instantly likeable.” – ArtsHub.
Sat 8 July 7.30pm
Sun 9 July 6pm
- This event takes place at Badlambs Barbershop.
- This is a ‘Sight No Obstacle’ event.
- Badlambs Babershop has one step up from the footpath. Please note, there is no accessible toilet and no accessible parking available at the venue. We encourage you to read about the accessibility of the Badlambs Barbershop. To book accessible seating, please call or email Bondi Festival.
- Bondi Festival accepts Companion Cards. Companion Card holders are required to phone or email their valid Companion Card number and expiry date.
- Click here for more information about accessibility at Bondi Festival.
Creator/Performer: Annie Louey
Director: Jason Marion
Meet the Creator:
Annie Louey is a multi-talented comedian and presenter who moves seamlessly between television, radio and stage. Gold is her fifth solo show and comes after Annie received a Moosehead Award for bold, innovative ideas to support her 2021 show ‘Annie Louey is Flirting with Death’. She has performed at The Enmore for the Laugh Out Proud showcase and recently toured regional VIC and NSW with the Melbourne International Comedy Festival Roadshow.
Stay in the loop
Subscribe for updates from Bondi Festival!