“The number of puppy puns that have been flying around the office mean that the Pavilion Paw Parade is already vying for top dog. Dog show + arts festival = my happy place.” – Rachel Chant, Festival Director
Unleash the fun at the Inaugural Pavilion Paw Parade, the hottest event for dog lovers since the release of Baha Men’s 2000 hit single, “Who Let The Dogs Out”.
This free and inclusive celebration of our canine comrades is happening at the iconic Bondi Pavilion, where the dog culture is legendary, and the pups hold prime position. With an excellent line-up of hosts ready to lead the Parade (categories include Best Doggelganger, Hypoallergenic Realness, Best Personality and more), simply register for the parade here and let your pup strut their stuff. We’ve also got a great pile of prizes from Bondi Wash, DOG by Dr Lisa, Coco & Nero and more.
Not keen on the catwalk? Our jungle of dog-themed art activations will keep you entertained all day long. Nab yourself a sketch of your dog, or get papped at our Pupparazzi stand. While you’re there, stock up on artisan treats and gear for your furry friend at our market stalls.
Mark your calendars for the pawty of the year and join the who’s who of Bondi’s dog scene at Pavilion Paw Parade.
Sat 8 July 10am – 3pm
Full Event Schedule:
ALL DAY ACTIVITIES
- Dog Sketches with Lew Keilar
- Family Pawtraits with Andrew Fraser
- Pup Clay Making with Bondi Pavilion Clay Studio – Book Here
10am Meet the Guide Dogs
10.15 – 11:30am Pavilion Paw Parade: Round 1
- Category 1: Doggelgangers (They always say a dog looks like their owner)
- Category 2: Take me to the Toy Store (For all our teeny-tiny-toy breeds)
- Category 3: Like a Dog with a Bone (Dogs holding their favourite things. Show us what you love little pup.)
- Category 4: Size Matters (For all our big buddies)
- Category 5: Best Dressed (Are we talking about the dog or the human or both? You decide.)
11.30am Concert for Dogs by Solomon Frank
12.30 – 1.45pm Pavilion Paw Parade: Round 2
- Category 6: Party Tricks (You’ve got 90 seconds to show us what you’ve got.)
- Category 7: Hypoallergenic Realness (For oodles, poodles, schnoodles and other allergen avengers)
- Category 8: Rescue Rangers (For our rescued mates who in turn rescue us)
- Category 9: Not Too Big, Not Too Small, Just Right (Medium-sized mutts to the front)
- Category 10: Best Personality (For the dog that shines in all the right ways. Don’t overthink it.)
1.45pm Loretta and her Dancing Poodles
3pm Event Close
- Please come prepared for the weather: bring a hat, wear sunscreen, and pack an umbrella and/or raincoat, as the Paw Parade will go ahead rain or shine!
- Before attending, please consider your pup’s tolerance for other dogs – antisocial dogs will be asked to leave the event.
- BYO poo bags!
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- This is a ‘Language No Obstacle’ event.
- Click here for more information about accessibility at Bondi Festival.
Stay in the loop
Subscribe for updates from Bondi Festival!