“I was lucky enough to catch PAH! Stories digitally during lockdown. It was both a beautiful evening of storytelling from the Deaf community and an incredible showcase of how beautiful and varied the Auslan language is.” – Rachel Chant, Festival Director
Get ready for a one-of-a-kind storytelling experience, as Melbourne’s PAH! Stories makes its way to Sydney for the very first time. Created by Sam Martin, this event brings raw and powerful stories from members of the Deaf community to the stage. Be immersed in unique perspectives and experiences from a community that is often underrepresented in this engaging and inspirational collection of stories. One night only – don’t miss out.
WINNER: Melbourne Fringe Access Award, Supported by Arts Access Victoria 2021
Sun 2 July 5pm
- This is an Auslan storytelling event. Auslan interpreters will translate the stories for non-signing members of the audience.
- There are a number of wheelchair seating locations in our Festival venues. To book accessible seating, please call or email Bondi Festival.
- Bondi Festival accepts Companion Cards. Companion Card holders are required to phone or email their valid Companion Card number and expiry date.
- This is a ‘Hearing No Obstacle’ event.
- This is a ‘Sight No Obstacle’ event.
- Click here for more information about accessibility at Bondi Festival.
Creator Sam Martin
Co-collaborator Catherine Dunn
Performers Danni Wright, Dion Galea, Steve Ripley
Meet the Creator:
Sam Martin (he/him) is a freelance creative producer, theatremaker and director with an aspiring passion for creating and supporting diversity within arts, media and performance spaces. Sam is the creator of PAH! Stories. Identifying as queer and Deaf, his art practice explores the contradicting and intersectionality of identity, including his own, hoping to create discussion and encourage others to do the same.
Stay in the loop
Subscribe for updates from Bondi Festival!