“Heartwarming, hilarious and surprising, this show is the perfect antidote to the past two years. Bron is a master of her craft and I’m so thrilled we’re bringing home the Festival with her award-winning show.” Rachel Chant, Festival Director
Bron Batten is going on first dates. Live onstage.
Watch from the safety of your seat or volunteer to be a part of the action as Bron takes modern romance to the next level – all in front of the audience! You could bear witness to the blossom of true love – or watch it crash and burn in front of your very eyes.
Developed whilst she was in residence in Paris, London and Lithuania, Bron went on over 60 online dates as part of her ‘research’, determined to get to the heart of the internet. This is the result. Featuring a different person each night, this hilarious, award-winning and sell-out show has toured all over Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Europe, thrilling audiences with its unique insight into the world of dating. In the age of Tinder and the online dating app, you can witness the thrill and heartbreak of modern dating up close and personal, as Bron facilitates, interrogates and gleefully destroys the rituals of contemporary romance.
★★★★ “Heartbreakingly vulnerable, honest and hilarious… Not to be missed” Three Weeks, UK
★★★★★ “Sexy, warm and fittingly awkward, the audience are putty in Bron Batten’s hands and she handles us with care and generosity. Funny, clever and intimate – a must see” Fringe Biscuit
“Onstage Dating is one of the cleverest, funniest, and most shockingly incredulous experiences of risk I’ve ever seen in a theatre… It is smart as hell, shocking, hilarious, incredibly well-made, awkward and delicious” The Plus Ones Wellington, NZ
WINNER: ADELAIDE FRINGE TOURING AWARD, MELBOURNE FRINGE 2016
NOMINATED: BEST PERFORMER + INNOVATION IN AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION, GREEN ROOM AWARDS 2017
NOMINATED: OUTSTANDING PERFORMER, NEW ZEALAND FRINGE FESTIVAL 2017
Thu 14 – Sat 16 July: 7pm
Sun 17 July: 5pm
- There are a number of wheelchair seating locations in our Festival venues. We encourage you to read about the accessibility of the Bondi Bowlo. To book accessible seating, please call or email Bondi Festival.
- This event will be Auslan interpreted by Auslan Stage Left on Sunday 17 July.
- Seats are reserved for Auslan users to ensure a good view of the interpreters. Customers requiring this service can purchase an Auslan allocated ticket below.
- Bondi Festival accepts Companion Cards. Companion Card holders are required to phone or email their valid Companion Card number and expiry date.
- Click here for more information about accessibility at Bondi Festival.
Creator and Performer Bron Batten
Outside Eye Direction Gary Abrahams
Sound Design Edward Gould
Meet the Creator:
Bron Batten is a multi-award-winning performer, theatre-maker and producer who creates contemporary performance in collaboration with non-artists and audience members. Her work is based in live art practices of participation, improvisation and direct address in order to create a live, vibrant and unique energetic exchange with the audience. Her work has toured throughout Australia, New Zealand, the USA, France, the UK, Germany, the Czech Republic, Lithuania and Romania.
Stay in the loop
Subscribe for updates from Bondi Festival!