“These guys were the talk of this town at this year’s Adelaide Fringe, and for good reason. Sexy, funny and exceptionally talented, CAKE promises to be one of your best nights out this winter.” – Rachel Chant, Festival Director
Who said you can’t have your CAKE and eat it too?
Serving world-class circus, burlesque, and outrageous queer chaos, CAKE is set to be the messiest party since the Revolution – and you’re all invited. Seizing the means of seduction, this unmissable revival of Blunderland’s absurd wonder-makers brings CAKE, the hot new revolt to reimagine clowns as the ruling class. It’s our party now – and the dress code is optional.
RSVP to raucuous festivities hosted by Australia’s most in-demand performance exports in our Nigella Lawson-meets-Club Kid frosted fever dream. From the revered stages of La Clique, Reuben Kaye, Blunderland, Circus Oz, House of Yes (NYC), and Miss Burlesque Australia, this indulgent award-winning talent are here to tantalise, scandalise and unionise. Let them eat it!
“CAKE is a cornucopia of Queer infused delight with a comedy layered base, flirtatious frosting and just a sprinkling of sheer chaotic madness… it was like all your birthdays had come at once!” – ★★★★★ The Upside News (SA)
“Fully catered to be an absolute hit. Make sure to wrangle your plus one and RSVP for one of the best nights of your lives” – ★★★★★ Such Cliché (SA)
Thu 6 – Sat 8 July: 8:15pm
Sun 9 July: 6:30pm
- This event will be Auslan interpreted on Saturday 8 July.
- There are a number of wheelchair seating locations in our Festival venues. To book accessible seating, please call or email Bondi Festival.
- Seats are reserved for Auslan users to ensure a good view of the interpreters. Customers requiring this service should phone or email after purchasing tickets to reserve seats.
- Bondi Festival accepts Companion Cards. Companion Card holders are required to phone or email their valid Companion Card number and expiry date.
- Click here for more information about accessibility at Bondi Festival.
Creative Producer: Samantha Martin
Performers: Memphis Mae, Leopold Pentland, Damien Warren-Smith, Kween Kong, Shona Conacher and Morgan Wilson.
Meet the Creator:
CAKE serves the heat of a freshly baked treat with award-winning revere. Emerging from the backstreets of the Bastille in 1789, this raucous band of clowns are here to serve hot new revolts. Hailing from internationally renowned worlds of La Soiree, Blunderland, Reuben Kaye, Circus Oz, from burlesque crowns to sweaty nightclubs, we’re here to reclaim, overthrow and undress the power.
Stay in the loop
Subscribe for updates from Bondi Festival!