THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT! JOIN THE WAITLIST BELOW.
“On the last Saturday of the Festival, we’re all going to be skating along the foreshore as the sun sets – I can’t even skate and I’m excited for this.” – Rachel Chant, Festival Director
Transport yourself to neon lights and roller-disco fever with an all-in skate date set against the backdrop of Bondi Beach at golden hour.
Slip into your best outfit and let the roller-disco vibes consume you on this unforgettable communal experience as the sun sets on this year’s Festival. Bring your skates and lace up at the Bondi Pavilion Forecourt before hitting the pavement of our all-natural rollerdrome, Bondi Beach. Be sure to rock up early to limber up and learn some roller-choreo by our maître d’s from RollerFit.
Then we’ll keep the party going as we skate along the promenade — past iconic landmarks like Bondi Skate Park and the Bondi Sea Wall. The air will be filled with infectious disco hits from EastsideFM, setting the perfect rhythm to groove the evening away in between pop-up performances by our maître d’s, before wrapping up the evening back at the Pavilion.
Grab your friends and family and join us for this unique roller-skating adventure along Bondi Beach. Suit up, rock up and roll on.
COMPETITION: Be sure to come dressed in your best roller-disco-nostalgia-fit for a chance to win a pair of roller skates thanks to our friends at Impala Skate!
15 July 3pm – 6pm
Produced by Bondi Festival
Maître d’s (expert skaters) from RollerFit:
- Stacey (@staceyskates)
- Matt and Amelia (@two_wheelers)
- Nicola (@rollerskrrt)
- Rennel (@thedreadedskater)
- Sophie (@soapyprosciutto)
- Amy (@amyjaneskates)
Meet the skaters
Since 2012, RollerFit has been getting wheels on the feet of Aussies for fun and fitness. Whether you’re a seasoned skater or a total beginner, RollerFit is for you! You can find 13 RollerFit venues around Australia and we’re always planning our next special event to bring the community together.
This time we are bringing the roller skate love to Bondi Festival! You’ll be able to meet and skate with some of the expert RollerFit coaches from Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne and Brisbane. Check out some of your Skate Date guides and make sure to give them a follow!
With this lot, you can guarantee there will be slick skating, lots of laughs and fun for everyone no matter your skill level. The RollerFit team can’t wait to meet you, so great ready to lace up and roll out!
- Come dressed for the occasion! We think you’ll enjoy Bondi Skate Date more if you wear comfortable clothes and come light-handed, as you will be on the move.
- Please note, Roller Skates will not be available for hire – this is a BYO situation!
- Whilst the event is free, be sure to register your attendance below so we can keep you updated about any changes that may arise.
- Skaters are advised that they skate at their own risk. You will be required to sign a waiver to be able to participate in the planned activities.
- This is a ‘Language No Obstacle’ event.
- Click here for more information about accessibility at Bondi Festival.
Stay in the loop
Subscribe for updates from Bondi Festival!