“Two hours with Lawrie and you’ll feel like you know every secret in town, whilst having only just scratched the surface.” – Rachel Chant, Festival Director.
Join the Bondi Historian for a walk back in time to discover Bondi’s grim and glorious past.
Ex-Bondi Beach lifeguard Lawrie Williams takes you on a two-hour walk through the streets and stories of Bondi, divulging tales of Japanese submarine bombings and macabre murder mysteries, 70’s crime and corruption, famous and infamous local identities and recent and forgotten stories – the Bondi Historian is your ticket to a hitherto unknown Bondi.
- Ticket holders are to meet at the Hugh Bamford Hall at the Hugh Bamford Reserve in North Bondi at 9.45am for a 10am start.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and come light-handed, as you will be on the move.
- Please come prepared for the weather – if it is showery, the walk will go ahead, so please dress appropriately.
- Public transport options: the 380 bus routes drops off on Military Road and it’s a short walk up the driveway where the Hall is situated.
- Parking: 15 parking spaces are available.
- The walking tour will finish out the front of the Bondi Pavilion.
Each walk is approximately 2 hours long with some hills but not too strenuous. Unfortunately not all sites are wheelchair accessible.
Click here for more info about Accessibility at Bondi Festival.
Stay in the loop
Subscribe for updates from Bondi Festival!